~HiDupKu & MaTikU KeRanA ALLAH~

“Kejayaan hakiki dalam menuntut ilmu adalah keberkatan dari pemilik ilmu tersebut"

Friday, July 11, 2008

nurse's philosophy

I believe that the essence of nursing is caring about and caring for human beings who are unable to care for themselves. i believe that the central core of nursing is the nurse-patient relationship i can make a difference in the lives of others at a time when they are most vulnerable.

Human beings generally do the best they can. when they are uncooperative, critical, or otherwise unpleasant and nondefensive and try to understand the patient's perception of the situation. i pledge to be trustworthy and an advocate for my patients.

i realize that my cultural background affects how i deliver nursing care and that my patient's cultural background affects how they recieve my care. i try to learn as much as i can about each individual's cultural beliefs and preferences and individualize care accordingly.

my vision to myself as anurse to be is that i will provide the best care as much as i can to all patients, regardless of their financial situation, social status, lifestyles choices, or spiritual beliefs. i will collaborate with my patients. their families, and my health care colleagues and work cooperatively with them, valuing and respecting what each brings to the situation.

i'm individually accountable for the care i provide, for what i fail to doand to know. therefore i pledge to remain a learner all my life and actively seek opportunities to learn how to be a more effective nurse.

i'll strive for a balance of personal and professional responsibilities. this means i'll take care of myself physically,emotionally, socially, and spiritually so i can continue to be a productive caregiver...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home